Recreational amphibious craft have been around for some time, predominantly applied to mono-hull rigid inflatables and a few other plate alloy mono-hulls, however Stryda Marine offer amphibious innovation incorporated into a plate alloy, catamaran hull in an easily manageable size.
For those unacquainted with the concept, amphibious classed boats can literally tackle the high seas AND traverse land, all at the touch of a button.
If effortlessly four-wheeling a six-metre catamaran hull from the water onto your favourite remote beach or being able to drive it directly from water to shed is appealing to you, then read on.
Loaded with X-factor qualities, the unique design of the Stryda 600C Catamaran offers some serious advantages, setting it apart from all other crafts:
- The single-outboard set-up results in a higher boat speed because of less drag in the water, assuming all other factors are equal. Outboard power options range from 225HP to 350HP to provide the performance and economy range to suit various boating adventures.
- A foil between the demi-hulls improves economy at cruise to deliver a higher cruising speed whilst minimising fuel consumption.
- A 2.5-metre beam combined with sharp sponson entry makes for a refined, comfortable and quiet ride.
- Built-in dual front and rear 4×4 wheel system.
- All hydraulic fittings are made from high quality 316 marine grade stainless steel for added durability. External components are hard anodised with TUFF-KOTE™ for superior protection compared to powder coating or painting.
- Over-engineered for military-grade strength.
- A spacious and well-designed cockpit layout.
On the water, it looks like any other trailer-able catamaran.
The chunky tread handles soft sand with ease and the heavy-duty drive system sits neatly between twin hulls.
The big question we all may ask, is what are the reasons for buying an amphibious boat? They are by no means a budget boat option, however the Stryda 600C is competitively priced considering the inclusions.
A recent independent review in tradeboat.com.au awarded the Stryda 600C with the ratings in the table opposite.
The benefits of the amphibious system include access to otherwise inaccessible areas due to tidal issues – particularly areas with massive tides that require high tide launching – so you can launch or come home on any tide. There’s no stress of mooring your boat overnight, simply drive up the beach and set up camp or just sleep on the boat.
Sleek modern lines combined with a spacious layout and the ultimate military-styled amphibious marine drive system, make for an eye catcher that simply demands you take a closer look.